Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Mettle.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website, mettlerunning.com
- GDPR (EU) means EU General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation.
- EDPB means European Data Protection Board.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
- EMS means Email Marketing Service.
What data do we collect?
We collect personal identification information (name, email address, phone number etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Share special updates on Mettle happenings.
How we store your data
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR (EU) compliance requirement.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out later.
Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS (Email Marketing Service) provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as times, dates, IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations, will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR (EU) and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. Your information is not shared with third parties.
Our EMS provider is Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- your name
- email address
- IP address
- subscription time and date
Your individual rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to ask that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to ask that we erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object processing. You have the right to object to us processing your personal data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the data that we have collected to anther organization, or directly to you.
We handle access requests in accordance with the GDPR (EU). If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You also have the right to complain to the EDPB (European Data Protection Board) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
What are cookies?
How to manage cookies
Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
If you have any feedback, comments or questions relating to these Terms and Conditions, or our website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, use our contact form, call our offices at +33 (0)6 74 55 85 55 or you can reach us by mail at 168 Chemin du Biollay, 74310 les Houches, France.